Short Story Time: Tale Of A Chocolate Mousse Cake

From my iPod Note,
Dated back to 18-AUG-2018
(Please do read it till the end, Thanks !!!)

A sweet tale of Chocolate Mousse!



18th August 2018 was again a awesome day awesome experience.
In the morning around 11.00 am Shivam, Shubham, Vansh and myself met, we gathered in Shivam and Shubham's PG room. Talking endlessly about CDAC Pune memories and the years that passed by. While remembering our Pune days the reference came of 'Chocolate Mousse' we had at a Parsi Baba’s Bakery located near MG road, Pune. Came to know about the place courtesy my friend Shabbir (Team Aerosouls for life, Bro Milte hai kabhi).  And thus 'Chocolate Mousse' remained in back of the mind, "Aaj Chocolate Mousse Khana hai :)". 



The day went really fast and eventful, we all had a crazy meal together at a place called CafĂ© Petu. The name justified our appetite. Then played Cricket (Thanks Lakshya for arranging Bat and Ball). After playing cricket, we watched cricket match wherein Rahane showed what is class after all. Then we had Irani Tea with Osmania Biscuits. And it was time! To say bye to each other and start for the journey back to my room. 



I Boarded a BMTC bus, in the Bus the I was noting down the events in my iPod. Bus reached HSR Layout Bus Stop, I started to walk from Bus stop to my room, it is a 20 min walk. While walking I found a pastries shop named Amma’s Pastries. And first thing that striked was 'Chocolate Mousse!' 


As I was entering the shop. A gentlemen approached me with glowing face and gently enquired, “Sir have to buy Cake for my Daughter's Birthday, how are the Cake's here, you see I am new to this place".
Me: "Actually I am also new here"
Gentlemen: "Anyways I am looking for Chocolate Mousse Cake, its my Daughter's favourite"



(I went to the counter of snacks and pastries, the Gentlemen went to the Cake counter)

Me(to Attendant-1 at the counter): "Do you folks have 'Chocolate Mousse'?"
Attendant-1: "Actually sir we don't keep Chocolate Mousse but we keep Chocolate Mousse Pastries (Pointing to the Tray with 'Chocolate Mouse Pastries' Placard)

(The Tray was Empty!)

Attendant-1: (to me) Wait will check (To Attendant-2) Macha, do we have Chocolate Mousse Cake in stock.

Attendant-2: Macha, had one but it is now sold to this Gentlemen.

(Me, Attendant-1, Attendant-2 and Gentlemen started looking at each other with a amused smile. I gently nodded to the gentlemen with a smile :) )

(In my mind "Next time, Macha!")

P.S. 
1. I ate the Chocolate Mousse Pastry twice a Month until I left Bengaluru for good. And also took many of my friends to have snacks there. Its really a nice value for money place. And the taste of their Food items do justice to their name "Amma's Pastries". 

2. 'Chocolate Mousse' is symbolic here, everyone always has something in back of their minds!

3. Font change has a significance, folks using Notes App will only identify it.

Hope you all enjoyed this one. 




Comments